Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Brad Paisley - Huckleberry Jam

Been enjoying the guitar laying on this album for over a week now. While slightly country-flavored, I can taste lots of spices that have influenced this guy to practice practice practice and keep my earbuds alive with sweet hump-day dancing alongside a margarita bliss. I have always wished for an instrumental album from some of these guys who sound like they know what they’re doing on guitar but throw in silly lyrics to keep our minds off their instrumental abilities. Not this time. Lots and lots of guitar. Shoutout for Turf’s Up, Kim, and goodness, gracious, Kentucky Jelly smiles with lots of other instruments joining in the virtuoso party. And no hump-day party would be complete without a bit of swing, so there’s more shoutouts where those came from. I love the tribute to Les Paul, slyly called Les Is More. What? You want more? Okay, just for you. I can’t sit down for Cluster Pluck, and love the head banging dance giggle of Cliffs of Rock City. Of course, the night isn’t complete without BB King coming by and joining in on Let The Good Times Roll. “Hail to the king!” A party I won’t forget for a long time, because I plan to keep repeating this CD for a long time. Regular readers will recall I shouted out a part of this album on election night last week, so if you haven’t figured out by now - this album is an excellent investment of your ear time. Brad Paisley