Sunday, November 23, 2008

The British Columbians - In The Leaves

“Here in the leaves of the fallen trees, my body’s breaking down on me. I pay no mind at all.” Good Sunday afternoon meditation material. Acoustic guitars surround the narrator, with some tasty fingerpicking. “Ain’t nobody know nothing ‘bout the way I feel right now.” The drums enter for the second verse and brings up the energy to a climax where we here “a lot of people go crazy, living in the past. Maybe I’m no different, I just can’t live like that.” The first shoutout tune is an instrumental tune, working for me as a place to contemplate on the issues presented in the leaves, The Rolling Tide. The second shoutout is a more traditional sounding By And By. Sure would like to hear these guys in a pub setting, though my bet is they’ll be playing much larger venues very soon. The British Columbians