Saturday, November 08, 2008

Lucinda Williams – Real Love

“Standing up behind an electric guitar - it’s a real love.” It always thrills me when someone I know and love comes out with something that helps me know and love them better. Music is the real love we all come home to. What’s even better is when the album sounds even better than ones I already love. That’s rare, but Lucinda has pulled it off with this new CD. Every emotional state is explored and shared, but of course I’m going to shout out the party tunes for Saturday night. Party down with Tears of Joy, and the special loving rocker she calls Honey Bee. The party continues smiling down on me with the sensitive Heaven Blues, the hilarious Jailhouse Tears, and the dance-floor shouter It’s A Long Way To The Top. Great fun. Lucinda Williams