Monday, November 03, 2008

Susan Tedeschi - Back To The River (CD)

Every song touches me on this album. Talking About opens with a guitar riff that leads right into a riffing voice – “I tell you somebody knows what you’re talking about!” Lol! How often I need to hear that – someone somewhere will understand me. 700 Houses is a beautiful tale about a town destroyed, “silence all around me deafening the air – not a sign of anyone, I just have to stare”. I especially love the line, “where have all my saints gone, will they come marching in?” As the song continues we are reminded of the storms of life – “another storm to overcome” – both physical and spiritually. And the album continues, with a personal flavor that pulls the listener in as a full participant in each story. Great bluesy guitars and a powerful voice make for a perfect eartaste combination. Susan Tedeschi