Thursday, September 20, 2007

Neutrinos - Girlfriend's Got A Gun

“My ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend’s got a gun.” Well, we live in a violent world, so the story is easy to believe and presented in a manner that could either be heard as deadly serious or tongue-way-down-in-the-cheek hilarious. I guess it depends on my mood. What’s important to me is the presentation – the music here is perfect for the lyric and moves the story along with the suspense it deserves. The build-up to the climax is wonderful. Very cool pop song. “My ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend’s got a guitar. She don’t know how to use it but she thinks she’s gonna be a star.” Shoutouts for Kiss Like Killers, Donkeywork & Corpse. Each song has it's own distinct flavor, putting emphasis on the lyrical content while allowing me to dance freely. Neutrinos