Saturday, September 15, 2007

Olivea Watson - All's I Want

The stars are visible tonight, and this song sounds so perfect floating through the dark humidity. A swampy guitar intro. It’s a definite after-dinner song; a delicious slice of pecan pie warmed up and topped with vanilla ice cream actually. The band is playing a type of country blues that originates in a city, if that makes any sense. I think it’s the drums that make it feel that way. That, and the fact these guys all play in tune. No matter, the electric fiddle gives us a beat that makes the Texas stars shine brighter. The song makes me look up and wonder where the lone star moniker even came from. There’s at least half a million visible stars up there. More than I can count anyway. Olivea’s vocal chords provide a beautiful instrument not available in any music store. “My emotion stays inside and I know we’re afraid our worlds may collide.” Olivea Watson