Monday, February 18, 2008

Rodney Parker & Fifty Peso Reward - Tell Me What

“I was mending fences, I was knee deep in the mud and I was dying in suspense. My knuckles caked in blood, now tell me – where were you?” First off, this song rocks. It wakes me up with a great feeling, cause the players shake every bone of my being awake. Second off, wow those lyrics! A song about unheralded reality we all have to deal with from time to time. I’ve been there too many times to mention – all done with the job when the person that was supposed to help shows up & adds the last nail. At the end of the day that fool gets as many or more beers than me, but who did all the real work? You know it – the person who does all the real work is never given credit, but at least we have a song now! A song written for the underdog! The song tells a few other stories worth listening to – a lotta fun. The first shoutout, Firefight, is a faster rocker – moving along the freeway at 85 while singing “everything’s easy, everything’s slow”! HA!! LOL!!! The second shoutout is a slower song about “lessons” the narrator has learned, I'm Never Getting Married. The entire album is steeped in Irish Whiskey flavors. Rodney Parker (to be released in March, click here to stay tuned)