Friday, March 27, 2009

The Killers - Spaceman

"It's all in my mind!" When the CD came out last year I listened once and nothing stood out. My fault for not listening closer. This single (which includes 2 new cuts) stands out and makes for a fun mix in a Friday night party. The songs starts off in the ether, and soon the rock bombardment starts with a short story. “I thought I could leave this star-crossed world, but when they cut me open I guess I changed my mind.” Intriguing story & a lot of fun to dance to! A big thanks to The Killers for releasing the song as single to bring emphasis to it. “The public don’t dwell on my transmission ‘cause it wasn’t televised.” LOL!!! I like the way they make the frivolity so serious-sounding. The single does make me want to go back and re-visit the CD (as soon as I can find it). The two b-sides are fun to shoutout; another fast dance Four Winds (“squatters made a mural of a Mexican girl”), and the cool-down dance Tidal Wave (“on Saturday night they’re running for the shadow”). The Killers