Monday, March 23, 2009

Peter Bjorn and John - The Feeling

“Been waiting for signs. Last time we got high we thought we had the puzzle worked out.” Been there. A bit of wine brings clarity to everything. Until the next morning. These guys capture the moments with humor and enough loudness to make this a fun Monday morning wake-up song, hungover or not. Some parts of the song are percussion-based, other parts are vocal harmony based, all parts are done with joy and energy. Shoutouts for It Don’t Move Me (“please put Chester’s books and magazines away”) and Living Thing (“I usually aim to please”), which both boil over with energetic dance beat performances. I Want You and Blue Period Picasso are slower dances. I really love the creative lyrics of Blue Period Picasso, which takes on the persona of a painting looking out at its audience. 4 out of 5 is a dirge, which I usually don’t like; but the harmony of this attracts my ears to re-listen over and over. The CD as a whole has a different sound than anything else out there, which is most likely what makes it so attractive. I know it will sit by my player for a lot of fun this summer. Peter Bjorn and John





Instant Recall (where have I heard those guys before?):