Thursday, February 15, 2007

Plain White T’s - Write You A Song

“I don’t know how to make lots of money. I got debts that I’m trying to pay. I can’t buy you nice things like big diamond rings, but that don’t mean much anyway.” It’s a favorite songwriter theme – trying to tell a girl that the life of a musician is hard, but I lo-o-o-ve you, so please accept me. Every songwriter has that song in them, but few pull it off. Oh, there’s a bunch of good ones and a few absolutely excellent ones, and I’m taking a big step and saying this version is one of the excellent ones, destined to be a classic. “I will write you a song – that’s how you’ll know that my love is still strong.” I don’t know if anyone has actually fallen for a song like this – would love to hear stories - but it’s still beautiful, nonetheless. Mostly acoustic with some superb harmonies & tasty lead guitar building up the romance in a waltzing sort of way. Shout out today goes to Tearing Us Apart. Nice records, guys! Plain White T’s