Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Arms Of Kismet - Alive And Awake

“If we go broke in Kansas City, in Akron or Des Moines, we can jump into a fountain - go swimming with the coin.” Fun, hump-day optimism! The steady rolling guitars get me off my seat onto my feet really quick, cause this one right away calls out - dance with me, partner! “If we get heat-stroke in Diego, we can sleep beneath a tree.” The narrator is ready, with an answer to any adversity. “If we get sick in San Francisco, queasy from a quake, we can move the ocean inland - to the great Salt Lake.” The optimism stays while we’re moving from town to town, because where he’s living is not satisfied. “Baby, let’s go anywhere but here and maybe this world will disappear.” It’s okay with me as long as this song & it’s fun guitar work keep my ears smiling. Shoutout to Hang. Arms Of Kismet