Thursday, May 10, 2007

Truckee Brothers - Planning For The 21st Century

The drums kick in as I smile at this song title while my electricity is going on and off. “Who needs yesterday? Don’t know tomorrow.” I think they’re telling me to live for now. No prob – these electrical storms send off some crazy sounding thundercracks that have the flavor of doomsday. While the metallic flavor of the lightening fills the air, I understand it also fills the ground with nitrogen. Better the ground than my house I guess. “I spray weed killer on my hotel roots.” Very cool harmony, then a device that works well here – both voices singing different melody lines. A bit later the beats change, so my ears are constantly taking in new flavors. Nice composition. Shoutout for Double Happiness.
Truckee Brothers