Sunday, May 06, 2007

Yoko Ono & The Brother Brothers - Yes I'm A Witch

“I’m not gonna dance with you. You might as well face the truth. I’m gonna stick around for quite awhile.” Love it! Rock guitars with a great rock voice fronting the show. “Each time we don’t say what we wanna say, we’re dying.Each time we close our minds to how we feel, we’re dying.” Yoko is always experimenting, and rather than put together a “greatest hits” albums for fans who probably already own all her albums, she put together this intriguing collection by giving current musicians access to her vocal tracks and allowing them to re-create the songs in their style. I’m always trying to mix my recipes and create new flavors to please my tongue, so I know the power of failure. This album is not one of those failures, it ranks it’s 5 stars easy. As with most of Yoko’s work, to listen to the entire album requires intensity, but the two tracks I’ve selected with please any listener’s ears – the title track will have you up and dancing even more than the original version. Shoutout for Yoko Ono & The Porcupine Trees - Death Of Samantha. “When I’m with people, I thank god I can talk hip when I’m crying inside.” Yoko Ono