Monday, May 14, 2007

Joan Armatrading - Liza

“I see you looking at me” she says, then the guitar rambles in from a different side of town. “Let the good times roll!” Absolutely. Wonderful wake-up tune, perfect for a Monday morning. Don’t let that description fool you tho, ’cause I suspect highly that I’ll drag this album out on hump day and my Friday dance night. I really really love the way the beat twists into a full-body movement in the middle. “If you make friends with a girl like that, well then, it’s really a big disgrace.” In the community, maybe, but Joan wisely says in her well-lived life way, “I’ll make up my own mind.” My ears are pleasantly full. Shoutout for Secular Songs, There Ain't A Girl Alive (Who Likes To Look In The Mirror Like You Do) & Baby Blue Eyes. Joan Armatrading