Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Julie Fowlis - Hug Air A Bhonaid Mhoir

It’s not everyday I think about music in the afterlife. But this tune has me there. When I frequent churches I always wonder if the music in the presence of God is really going to be that boring. I’m one of those folks that actually reads the Bible and does not believe the traditions of the church. Yep, I not only picture Jesus at weddings, I picture him dancing at weddings. David danced before God. So, yes, I truly believe the music in church is not the music of God. Julie, however, develops a knowledge of the truth of God within me that is fully and deeply satisfying. My feet are moving all across the floor and if I could do it, I’d be dancing on the ceiling. Thanks, Julie! Shoutout for Mo Ghruagach Dhonn, which changes the dance from full-bodied to full soul. Amen. Julie Fowlis