Saturday, May 12, 2007

Roy Davis - Hard Decline

“Honestly, times have been tough. Break out the bottle, drink till tomorrow. It’s that easy.” The liquor, of course, leaves sticky fingers, so the sound here is perfect while being tasty as brown sugary jack daniels sliding down smooth and dizzyingly. “If I sleep until the afternoon, I’ll be up to see the glowing moon.” The music is pure here, and wonderfully attractive, but I am even more drawn to the words because they begin to get deeper and deeper, almost the way a hangover can teach you about things you never wondered about. “Oh Holy Father, your sons and your daughters do not believe. They want to be kings and queens. Born into sadness, riches to daggers in shame. If I sleep until the Son shines through, I’ll be up in time to not know You.” Shoutout for Anywhere With You. Roy Davis