Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sound Of The Blue Heart - I Cannot Look Away

“Your eyes fill the room with sorrow.” I love this concerto. Imagine this assignment from your professor - take a string quartet and create a rock song out of it. And to make an “A” in the course you will need to add a woodwind counterpoint that harmonizes. “You are what I’ve been running from. I know this, but I cannot look away.” Sound Of The Blue Heart succeeds not only in passing their master class with an A+, but creating rock that everyone will enjoy listening too. Wonderful compositional skills – that often spells death for musicians, but these folks also have wonderful entertainment skills. A must taste! Shoutout for The Great Escape, which presents a completely different flavor with more familiar rock instruments. An extremely versatile group of musicians. Sound Of The Blue Heart