Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fall Out Boy - The Take Over, The Brakes Over

“Seasons change but people don’t.” I got that part of the story. The music is what carries this tune through my taste buds, because I honestly can’t figure out this story. Best I can figure is the narrator is trying to tell of someone he thinks doesn’t even want to be married to him anymore. The coolest line is where the narrator claims “your head could be a prison,” which is a fascinating line, but then makes it even more interesting by stating that their continued existence together “are just conjugal visits.” Okay, so I may have the story completely wrong, I admit that, but the music is great fun to listen to and dance to. Shoutout to another dance tune, Don’t You Know Who I Think I Am? I’m thinking this is about a band who simply won’t quit despite all the fall backs. This fun line slips out, “We only want to sing you to sleep in your bedroom speakers.” Fall Out Boy