Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Revolution Orchestra - A Child Shall Lead

Brother Joscephus made his way into my heart before I heard the music because of the menu posted on his website for the Nawlins Gospel Brunch. It includes delicacies such as "The Bayou Melt" Grilled Cheese/Andouille Sausage/Caramelized Onions/Sweet Potato Fries. Instant hit with me, but of course that won’t make me tell you about the band. For me to pick up a pen and write and not just dream of eating, I need to hear some music. No prob, the CD is just as much fun as the menu.

A Child Shall Lead starts off this humpday with a church of delight hollerin’ joy in the spirit love this life dance party! “Can I get an Amen?” The Voices of Reason supply the "Amen" in full. The party continues with Bon Tempe Roulez, which announces “got the jones in my bones”, along with an aural menu that keeps these ears happily drinking in the horn section while the singer preaches about chicken wings, jambalaya and shoo-fly pie. Scrumptious. More Than I Need brings Motown spices to New Orleans, “I want to shout it from the top of the mountain. . .I got soul satisfaction!” The slow dance is a total knockout that Brother is able to suck emotions out into the open entitled I Won't Be That Man (“even your dog don’t want to be around you, but he ain’t got no choice”). The jumping party attitude returns with a whistle and some fine horn interplay on Midnight Moon (“I’m listening to the stereo and feelin’ Neil Young, they ain’t come up with an emotion that man hasn’t sung”). The videos will let you see the versatile talents of this exciting party animal. Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Revolution Orchestra

A Child Shall Lead


I Won't Be That Man