Friday, July 13, 2007

Glenn Mercer - Whatever Happened

“Go where you want to go. Do what you want to do.” Fair enough, since you’re giving me permission, I’m trading in this empty glass of iced tea for a very cold Shiner Boch. Thanks! “What do you want to know?” Ah, great question. Of course, I want to know how you managed to get all those fine sounds to come out of a piece of plastic? Magnificent. I wonder what Galileo would have thought? And, I want to know how to convince radio programmers all around the world to play this cool song. You just know if people heard great music that people would buy great music. But, alas, we leave it up to the chance meetings of friends to spread the word. Slower, but probably just as effective in the long run. Where were we? Oh yes, another slug from the long tall amber bottle. Long Tall Texan. We digress. The song keeps layering and building – very nice. “Making me want to shout!” Well, go for it. I love how long the guitar stays on that note till it starts the melody again. I also love the live sound on the drums. Keep rocking! Shoutouts for Here and Gone & Within You, Without You. Glenn Mercer