Monday, July 02, 2007

Paris Luna - So Unlike Me

“I’m more than than a shoulder for you to cry on.” The credentials are up front, and honest. Better than that is the funky band adding many delicious flavors to this cut. The drummer and bass player are working in tight unison, with the guitars adding perfect spices in just the right amounts. I can’t help but dance, and this, my friends, is a start of a great Monday party. “It’s so unlike me that I ever let him in. . .” starts the story. “Nothing in this world could ever justify the way he treated me.” Sounds pretty prosaic? Not when you hear it – the rhythm flows like a carefully crafted poem. Well done. The shoutouts for two more relationship songs are completely different flavors, which showcase the versatility of the musicians: Tell Me Why and Having A Hard Time. Paris Luna