Saturday, July 07, 2007

Secret Show - Impressionist Road Map Of The West

“The road up ahead has a fork that’s telling me which way to go, and where I’m coming from to find my way home. In the light of my mistakes, I’ll try to work it out. And I hope I find a place where I can be myself again.” This song excites me because it depends wholly upon a man and his guitar and a character who has strayed. It’s not easy to pull that off in 2007 in a manner that will attract people to listen, but Secret Show has accomplished it very well. As soon as the song starts I’m pulled in and entranced. “And I can’t relate to the words that you say. And I can’t hear any sense. Not a hope, not a prayer.” I can definitely relate myself. The person giving “advice” to the narrator is not a supportive person, but the narrator has the strength to move on beyond the bad advice, and I can tell in his voice that he means it. Nice work. Huge shoutout for Mañana – listen to the different character voices, excellent writing. Secret Show